Here's the fine print
- The bowling will be held at the Johnny Leroux arena (the old Stittsville arena) located off Stittsville Main Street at 10 Warner-Colpitts Lane. (one block south of the Beverly street lights.)
- Bowling sessions will be on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 1 to 3 , (subject to any blackout dates set by the City of Ottawa.
- Bowlers should bring their own lawn bowling bowls to the hall to play. The club will only has 4 sets of bowls to be used at the club. (There is no place to store your bowls at the hall.)
- Sessions will generally include 2 draw games of 8 or 10 ends depending on how long it takes to complete a game and stow the equipment. We have a coffee break between the games.
- The cost per session is currently $5.00. This will cover the rent for the hall, general expenses and provide for the acquisition of new mats.
- Except for persons who have never bowled , EVERY member of the club MUST have a valid OLBA mebership and will be required to show the card on the first date of play. Note: If you Bowled at a lawn bowling club this past summer, you should already have a valid card until it expires at the end of April. If you do not have an OLBA membership, they can be acquired through the club at an additional cost. New members who have never bowled may try the game for two sessions but MUST become a member of the OLBA on their third session. Membership in the OLBA entitles the Club to affordable group insurance, amoung other benefits, which the city of Ottawa requires.
- The rules for short mat bowls can be found on the Canadian Short Mat Bowling Association (CSMBA) website: http://canadianshortmat.org/